How to Go For AKO Account Registration?
AKO, Army Knowledge Online, is a single enterprise web portal providing single sign on capability for us.army.mil email, blogs, instant messenger, , directory services, chats, links and access to other army websites such as I PERMS, ATTRS, MEDPROS, etc. AKO Webmail is accessible to all the Army components – Active, National Guard and Reserve. It is also available to those supporting the Army, for example, contractors and family dependents of the army members. It also includes Army Retirees. AKO facilitates information sharing by enabling the users to build pages and file storage folders. These pages and folders are created with access control capabilities for the purpose of dissemination of information.
For accessing AKO Webmail system, you are required to visit the official AKO webmail login portal. To login, you require a username and password. To get an AKO Webmail account, you need to understand the process of AKO Account Registration. With the help of instructions given on the page of AKO Account Registration, you will be able to set-up your account in the AKO Webmail system. In order to access all the features of AKO system, you also require a CAC card and a smart card reader. Without CAC card, you might not be able to login.
AKO Account Registration is accessible to those who are a part of the Army Personnel System. It is available to the users having current entry in the above system. The categories of Army Personnel system includes:
- Army Reserve
- Active Army
- Army retired
- National guard
- Individual Ready reserve
- DA Civilian
- DA Civilian Retired
- NAF Civilian
- ROTC Cadets (MS III and IV)
- Future Soldier
If a user comes under two categories, for example, if his records appear in Army Reserve as well as in Army retired, then the user will have to apply for dual-account and this account would exist as long as his records appear in both the categories.
For AKO Account Registration, following steps are to be completed by the user:
- Go to the official website of US Army
- Accept the agreement
- If you have a CAC card, you will have to register with CAC and if not, you will have to opt for “Register without CAC”
- If you possess a CAC card, you will have to enter your PIN or have to select your certificate.
- Enter all the details like Social Security Number, Foreign Identification Number, Date of Birth, PEBD and contact details.
- After filling all the details, enter your external email address and go to the next step.
- Then you need to enter your contact details for the organization you are working
- Next, you have to choose your password. Make sure that your password is strong.
- Choose three security questions and answer them. Make sure that you do not forget your answers. This helps in situations when you forget your password.
- After completing all these steps, you will be directed to a confirmation screen. This will confirm that your AKO Account Registration is complete. In case, you are unable to login to your account after thirty minutes of receiving the confirmation, do contact the AKO helpdesk.
AKO Webmail System is very useful as it allows users to exchange information with one another via email.