Army AKO Webmail is a web-based collaboration and communication client that allows its users to manage and compose email messages. It also helps its users to manage and share calendars and personal addresses including public address books. The users of Army AKO Webmail have the benefit of accessing their webmail from any location provided they have an internet connection. Every Army AKO Webmail portal user is given access to their own personal AKO Webmail account.
Army AKO Webmail is the most secured method of transferring any sensitive information. It uses a very high level of encryption. AKO helps its users to exchange emails and store files for the purpose of sharing information. These users are authorized users having the approval of theUSmilitary. It also enables its users to chat and access blogs and various location services. It provides links to other related army websites. Army AKO webmail provides an opportunity to the army at war to communicate with their loved ones and each other. Family dependents and army retires are also authorized users of this Army AKO webmail portal.
Features of Army AKO Webmail
The main features of Army AKO Webmail include:
- Instant Messenger
- Spell Check Availability
- Ability to send larger attachments
- Webmail Lite
- Quicker launch times
- For slow internet connections, low-bandwidth option is available
- Calendar is not available
You can access your Army AKO webmail without being prompted to answer your KBA questions. And if you are being asked to do so, it is because trusted sites are not configured on your internet browser. In order to solve this issue, you need to follow these simple steps:
- First, you will have to open Internet Explorer 6, 7, 8
- Second, click on tools and then on Internet Options
- Third, you will have to click on the green checkmark which is for trusted sites
- Click on Sites
- Uncheck the box mentioning ‘require server verification’
- Remove all sites that end with “us.army.mil”
- Now, you will have to type army.mil in the box mentioning ‘Add this website to the zone’
- Click on the Add button
- Last, click on the close button
People who are a part of the military can access Army AKO Webmail. These people include active army members, their family dependents, army reserves, national guards and retired army members. Any information that is required to set up Army AKO Webmail is available on the military’s official website.
In order to access your Army AKO Webmail, you require a username and password. For this, there is a text tutorial as well as an audio tutorial that will guide you if you face any problems while logging in.